Applying with an incomplete degree
If you have studied in Centria UAS or in another university of applied sciences in Finland but you have not yet finished your degree, you can re-apply for the same or related degree programme to finish your degree.
Who can apply and how are students selected?
- The applicant has studied either at Centria UAS or at another university of applied sciences in Finland but has not completed the degree.
- The applicant doesn’t have a valid study right. The study right has been lost due to not having completed the degree programme in the normative study time or due to some other reason.
- The applicant’s original study right has been completely used at the time of applying with an incomplete degree.
- The incomplete degree has a maximum number of missing study credits (ECTS):
- Bachelor’s degree: Max. 120 ECTS missing from the degree
- Master’s degree: No limitation of study credits
The open university studies or studies made in another university can be taken considered as part of the degree if they can be included in the studies of the degree programme.
The applicant must complete an interview or an entrance exam in case either or both of them are required. Accepting as a student is dependent on whether there are additional places in the degree programme.
There are health requirements in the degree programmes of humanities, social work, health care and music pedagogy. There are certain questions about the applicant’s health condition in the application form that might prevent student from studying. A previous decision of cancelling the study right might also prevent the studies. The application form questions about study right cancellation are asked to ensure a safe learning environment for all. (L932/2014)
Content and length of study right
- The new study right is for the same or similar degree programme to which the student previous had the right to study.
- The length of the study right is maximum of 2 years (4 semesters)
- The study time starts at the beginning of next semester (January 1st or August 1st).
- The student can’t enroll as absent.
- It is not possible to apply for extension to the duration of studies.
- Study right through this application can be admitted only once. If you dot not graduate during this study right, you are welcome to apply again through the joint application.
- The applying takes place at Studyinfo (separate admissions procedure).
- Application periods:
- Spring term 2023: application period 1.4. – 31.5.2023 (study right starting from August 2023)
- Autumn term 2023: application period 1.10. – 30.11.2023 (study right starting from January 2024)
- Fill in the application form and remember to include the following attachments:
- Study records of previous studies
- School certificate which includes the information of previous study time and the number of previous terms in which you were registered as absent and as present.
- You can find the application form for each degree programme at Studyinfo.fi service with the following keywords “Applying with an incomplete degree Centria”.
The results in spring 2023 application round will be published by 30 June 2023 at the latest. All accepted applicants will be informed about their admission by e-mail. The deadline for accepting the offered study place is 14 July 2023, 3 pm Finnish time at My Studyinfo -service.
If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact Centria’s Admissions office. Kati, Maria and Sini will help you with all questions regarding applying to our UAS.