Talent Boost for employers
As an employer, are you looking for an international talent to join your company? Centria’s Talent Boost helps you find the right people for the right jobs. If you need help or consultation in recruiting international talent and students, please contact our Talent Boost Coordinator Jyrki Rajala.
Talent Boost for students and talents
Talent Boost offers international talent
- support in finding a job
- guidance on the intricacies of Finnish working life
- workplace visits
- Finnish language studies
What is Talent Boost all about?
Talent Boost activities have a special focus on attracting and retaining international talent in Centria UAS’s area of operation, as well as on bringing companies and top class international talent closer together.
Centria’s Talent Boost
- brings together international talent and the region’s business community, in particular industrial companies, SMEs, organisations and public actors.
- is a collaboration between the region’s business community and Centria to promote internships for international students and the recruitment and retention of international talent.
- is an employment and recruitment partner for the region’s businesses, particularly in the promotion, development, and growth of enterprises and skills related to international expertise.
The purpose of Centria Talent Boost is to provide the regions of Central Ostrobothnia, Ostrobothnia,and North Ostrobothnia with added value in international knowledge and RDI activities, which is created and developed in cooperation with other actors in the regions. The aim is to create a dedicated Talent Hub in the region, bringing together and coordinating the region’s Talent Boost activities, services, and actors.
Centria’s Talent Boost activities are carried out in cooperation with the Ostrobothnia ELY Office and both the Talent Coastline Ecosystem and Talent Coastline Employment projects. Talent Boost is a cross-administrative programme of measures of the Ministry of Employment and the Economy and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Operational objectives at Centria
- To increase the immigration of international skilled workers and improve the opportunities for international talents to find employment in Finland, especially in the Centria UAS area of operation: Ostrobothnia, Central Ostrobothnia, and North Ostrobothnia.
- To strengthen the region’s employment rate, the diversity of work communities, and internationalisation skills, such as international export and business skills, through international talent.
- To further develop the region’s growth, internationalisation, renewal, and attract international investment in cooperation with businesses, public actors, and Centria’s RDI activities.
Talent Boost and Talent Hub – practical measures
- Creating and strengthening links and networks with working life
- Developing and strengthening international students’ and professionals’ links with the world of work, both from the perspective of students and professionals and businesses.
- Strengthening Finnish (and Swedish) language skills in cooperation with other actors in the region
- Strengthening and supporting skills development in international business recruitment.
- Developing and strengthening the application and permit processes for international recruitment in cooperation with other actors in the region.
- Developing and strengthening the working life skills of international students and professionals.
- Developing the job search skills of international students and skilled workers.
Area of our Talent Boost activities
Talent Boost is supported by the Centria Export Expert project, which brings together local companies and Centria’s international talent.