The transfer application period is always open the first two weeks in May and the first two weeks in November at Studyinfo.fi. Only applicants who have a valid study right in an equivalent degree programme in a university of applied sciences in Finland are considered eligible.
It is possible to apply to Centria UAS during the transfer application period if:
- a student wants to transfer from one field of study to another within Centria UAS with a change in the degree title
- a student wants to transfer from another Finnish university of applied sciences to Centria UAS
The transfer application period is always open the first two weeks in May and the first two weeks in November at Studyinfo.fi.
A transfer student may only move from another UAS to Centria if the UAS he or she is moving from offers a corresponding degree programme with the same degree title as Centria offers. In doing so, the student transfers his or her whole study entitlement from the former UAS to Centria.
It is not possible to transfer from a university outside Finland to Centria UAS. For a student who has started studies in a university in another country, it is only possible to apply to Centria at www.studyinfo.fi during a regular application round, take part in the entrance examination, and then if getting admitted it is possible to apply for the transfer of previously gained credits. However, please notice that the transfer of credits cannot be done in advance. The transfer of credits can be done only after an applicant gets admitted and starts the studies at Centria UAS and after the head of the degree programme approves it.
Only applicants who have a valid study right in an equivalent degree programme in a university of applied sciences in Finland are considered eligible. A transfer application, an up-to-date transcript of records, and a study certificate (stating the starting date of the studies and the semesters used for presence and absence) must be submitted by the end of the application period.
The final decision about accepting a transfer student is taken by the head of the student administration based on the resources and available places of the degree programme. Transfer students start their degree studies at Centria UAS after being accepted at the beginning of the fall or spring semester.
The common appeal process applies also to transfer students.
Transferring within Centria in the same field of study
- possible only for Centria’s students who apply to transfer to another degree programme within the one field of study (e.g. field of Technology).
- the degree title does not change (it remains the same, e.g. Bachelor of Engineering).
- separate application procedure, E-application form is available on student register Peppi
- it is possible to apply for transfer at any time during the study year
- NOTE! If the student wishes to apply for transfer from one field of study to another within Centria UAS (e.g. from Bachelor of Engineering to Bachelor of Business Administration), the student has to apply via Studyinfo.fi
The results of the transfer application in spring 2022 will be published by 30 June 2022 at the latest. All accepted applicants will be informed about their admission by e-mail. The deadline for accepting the offered study place is 31 July 2022, 3 pm Finnish time at My Studyinfo -service.